Essential oils can make life of many Alzheimer’s patient and caregivers more bearable. The following are some essential oils that you might fins helpful. How to choose? Trust your nose and use the one that smells best to you.
- Juniper – promotes nerve function
- Frankincense – helps with anxiety, fear, and anger
- Vitex – promotes nerve function (reduced symptoms of Parkinson’s in animals by 89%)
- Helichrysum – the Royalty of all essential oils helps almost with any neurological disease.
- Frankincense – one of the chemicals in this oil forces the lung to take deeper breath, so increasing the filling of peace,
- Melissa – was used in Europe for centuries against depression and anxiety
Also helpful: onycha, palmarose, petitgraine, pine, rose, sandalwood, spearmint, spruce, spikenard (yes, the one that was used on Jesus before the last supper), , tangerine, vetiver, and ylang ylang.
Nervous System Support:
Angelica, cedarwood, chamomile, frankincense, ginger, hyssop, lavender, myrrh, nutmeg, black pepper, peppermint, sandalwood, spruce, blue tansy, tarragon, valerian, vetiver.
Cinnamon, cistus, clove, cumin, frankincense, galbanum, laurel, ledum, lemon, lime, mountain savory, myrrh, nutmeg, orange, oregano, ravensara, sage, tangerine, Idaho tansy, thyme, yarrow.