I am so happy to see all my clients very soon. I missed you so much!
I redesigned my cleaning protocols and added extra precautions to prevent COVID-19 spreading.
My Personal Precautions:
- I will remain under “stay-at-home” order until the pandemic is over and we have zero new cases in NC. I am wearing a mask and gloves every time I venture outside and I follow all CDC recommendations. I order all my groceries, I don’t go shopping for a new dress and I get my extra food at the farmers market.
- I will wear a mask in the office (I hope you like my new fancy silk cover)
- I will wear cotton gloves and change them after each client to prevent the spread of the virus
- I will wear a face shield in the office
- Cleaning between clients now includes additional steps:
- disinfection of all surfaces
- disinfection of all door knobs inside and outside the office
- opening windows weather permitting
- All linens will be salt treated to kill virus on contact
- New Molikul air purifier is installed (PECO filter – captures and destroys viruses)
- HVAC fan will now be always “on” during office hours with new static filter installed to kill viruses on contact
- Essential oil blend will be diffused in the waiting room
- The waiting room is closed and is available only for check-out
- Please, inform me ASAP if you experiencing cold-like symptoms and don’t come to the office. Your appointment will be switched to virtual session.
- Upon arrival, please, wait in your car until you get a text that you can come
- If it is not possible to stay in the car, wait outside the building, keeping your social distancing, until you get a text that you can come
- Wear a mask or a face shield
- Wash your hands upon arrival
- Don’t use the waiting area and walk into treatment room immediately
- I encourage the use of a facemask during the treatment (I am working on installing a cloth barrier on the table to make it more comfortable, it will be possible to get treatment without wearing mask very soon)
- You cannot bring any adult or a child to your treatment
- IMPORTANT: I cannot provide a blanket anymore (it is cost and labor prohibitive to change 5 blankets a day and wash them every day). Please, bring your own if you want to go under cover during the session. I will charge $10 for the use of my blankets.
- BATHROOM RULES:
- IMPORTANT: please, close the toilet sit lid before flashing
Research papers used in creating new safety protocols:
Aerosol Filtration Efficiency of Common Fabrics Used in Respiratory Cloth Masks; Abhiteja Konda, Abhinav Prakash, Gregory A. Moss, Michael Schmoldt, Gregory D. Grant, Supratik Guha
Universal and reusable virus deactivation system for respiratory protection; Fu Shi Quan, Ilaria Rubino, Su-Hwa Lee, Brendan Koch
Procyanidins and butanol extract of Cinnamomi Cortex inhibit SARS-CoV infection, Min Zhuangab, Toshio Hattoria , ScienceDirect 2009
Specific Plant Terpenoids and Lignoids Possess Potent Antiviral Activities against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus, Chih-Chun Wen, Yueh-Hsiung Kuo, Jia-Tsrong Jan,?,× Po-Huang Liang,@ Sheng-Yang Wang,| Hong-Gi Liu,@ Ching-Kuo Lee,X Shang-Tzen Chang,? Chih-Jung Kuo,@ Shoei-Sheng Lee,? Chia-Chung Hou,† Pei-Wen Hsiao,† Shih-Chang Chien,† Lie-Fen Shyur,*,† and Ning-Sun Yang*,†, Journal of Medical Chemistry 2007, 50, 4087-4095
Herbal Medicine: Development and Validation of Plant-derived Medicines for Human Health, edited by Giacinto Bagetta, Marco Cosentino, Marie Tiziana Corasaniti,Shinobu Sakurada
Phytochemical Analysis and in vitro Antiviral Activities of the Essential Oils of Seven Lebanon Species by Monica R. Loizzo ,Antoine M. Saabb ,Rosa Tundisa,Giancarlo A. Stattia ,Francesco Menichinia ,Ilaria Lamprontic ,Roberto Gambarid ,Jindrich Cinatle , and Hans Wilhelm Doerre
Essential Oils of Aromatic Plants with Antibacterial, Antifungal, Antiviral, and Cytotoxic Properties – an Overview by Reichling J.a · Schnitzler P.b · Suschke U.a · Saller R.
Biological Properties of Thuja Orientalis Linn by Priya Srivastava1, P. Kumar2, D. K. Singh2, V. K. Singh