Expectant mothers were always looking for safer alternatives than pharmaceuticals to help them cope with pregnancy challenges.
These essential oils are frequently used by British midwifes to assist ladies during pregnancy (diffusion only):
* Headaches – eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender
* Insomnia – lavender, ylang-ylang, rose
* Mood swings and baby blues – neroli, ylang-ylang, cypress, lavender, lemon, grapefruit, rose
* Nausea – melissa, peppermint, lemon, ginger
* Jasmine – stimulates contractions and speeds uterus contraction after the delivery,
* Frankincense – calming,
* Lemon – uplifting,
* Lavender – calming,
* Rose – uplifting and calming,
* Clary sage – stimulates contractions and assists labor
Essential Oils to avoid during pregnancy:
Ginger (in the last month of pregnancy), myrrh, juniper, German chamomile, cajuput, basil, marjoram, rosemary, clary sage, vetiver.